Friday, November 21, 2014

Art Talk Thursday: On A Friday

Hello everybody and once again I am apologizing for not giving you an Art Talk Thursday on an actual Thursday but hey, better late than NEVER!

Let's talk art! On Tuesday, I had finished Colonel Kernal but I wanted to save the end result for this blog so drum roll please.....................







Ta da!


Here he is! Finished and looking NOTHING like a toy soldier from Toy Story but I am still so happy that he's finished. He's about 30 inches tall and looking heroic!




I am really happy with him.
No idea where his permanent home will be yet but I'll keep you updated on that.
I hope you enjoyed watching the progress just as much as I enjoyed having my ideas come to life!

My next and final ceramics project for the semester is a slab project. 


I won't give too much away about what it is going to be exactly but right now, I can show you it's basic shape: a rectangular box! Go ahead and guess!


Lastly for Art Talk Thursday, this carpet with my footprints on it. Why? Because those are the footprints of a scared girl who just walked all over a freshly vacuumed carpet and the custodian was looking right at me as I left these imprints. I thought it was both hilarious and terrifying! 

Before I end this blog, I wanted to go ahead and talk a little about why I didn't write yesterday. 
It was my anniversary! That's why!

I spent the afternoon and evening with my wonderful boyfriend of 1 year and boy, how time flys!
For those that know both of us personally, they'll say that we have actually been together for 4 years. He and I are completely aware that the last 4 years have happened, but it was really complicated. We are each others first "after high school" relationship and we were still learning the ropes! Mistakes were made on both sides, lack of communication, Etc. Etc. Etc.!

Nonetheless, it was decided that with a fresh start we should have a clean slate. So, although the last 4 years did happen, again friends and family, we are completely aware, they were merely a learning opportunity and we are grateful for them.

We are very happy and pleased to have been able to spend this past year together. Everything is good and I am very happy to be able to say that he is my best friend as well as my boyfriend. Nobody is perfect, but he's pretty close.

He's a hell of a baker and cook too!



Lucky me :)

I'm almost finished! I promise! Yesterday was also very special because it was my best friend of basically 10 years 22nd birthday! She is pretty much my "sister from another mister" and I am so incredibly honored and proud to have watched her grow into the wonderful young lady that she is. She is a beautiful wife to her handsome husband and a supermom to an adorable boy and new baby girl! I have so many wonderful memories with this lady but the one I will never forget is when she almost stabbed me in the eye with a pair of scissors in middle school! I knew right then that we would be best friends. I love you lots, Smelly Melly!

Until Next Time, 
Lis.

No comments:

Post a Comment