Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Art Talk Tuesday!

Welcome back to another Art Talk Tuesday! 
Woo! Yeah! Art Talk! *guitar riff*

Anywho, today I actually don't have any pictures of the progress I am making on Colonel Kernal! The reason for this is because I was busy in a graduate school presentation for the first part of class and there was little to work on Kernal when I got back. I basically closed the top of his head, added lips, and made 2 long cylinder pieces that will represent arms. I felt like this wasn't really something worth seeing so I am saving the hopefully completed work for Thursday! 

"Why did you bother writing an Art Talk Tuesday then?" 
Well, reader, here's why.

The presentation I went to was for the Southwest School of Art here in San Antonio. It is the first and only independent college of arts in Texas and central America! All major art schools are actually located on the West and East coasts so how crazy is it that the first art school in Texas is in my hometown!

It's like me and art were a match made in Heaven. 

Although I am still unsure about going, it's nice to have the opportunity to explore this option. I liked the presentation of the school a lot and the idea that all of the students can work with all forms of media instead of just a specific one. Artists shouldn't be subjected to one media so I liked that about this school! It gives me a chance to focus on my media of choice and play around with different forms as well. I am leaning more towards ceramics/sculpting because I'm pretty much in love with it but I also really enjoy drawing and photography. 

I think I should just go for it. The tuition is insanely high but with a little prayer and a kick ass portfolio, I feel like I could get a scholarship to cover the 4 years I would have to spend there. Wish me luck!

On other news, I was interviewed for a position at JC Penney today and I basically got the job! All they are doing is running a background check but since I have never broken a law (or at least never been caught) in my entire life, I'm pretty positive that I'm going to run up squeaky clean. So, hey, I have a job now. Sweet. 

Until next time,
Lis. 

No comments:

Post a Comment