Thursday, December 11, 2014

Art Talk Thursday! Unveiling!

Hello, everyone and welcome back to another Art Talk Thursday! Woo! I am beyond ready to show you guys all of the finished ceramics pieces today so lets just jump on into it!

First, we have a flower pot I made at the beginning of the semester using coils.
The colors are completely random and to be honest, the paint job is terrible. I can admit that because I really was just trying to move on with another project! I still really like the way it came out and maybe I'll use it to plant something in!


Next, this is a small bowl with a lid. This one was actually done with a cone 6 glaze called "licorice" and that's just a really nice, shiny black color. On the lid, there is a little honey bee with one wing. He had an accident upon arriving at the kiln but I love him anyway. Fun fact, the lid only goes on ONE way. I should probably stay away from making lids.


Ah, yes. The Whovian inside me is overjoyed. I LOVE the way my TARDIS came out. It's actually a much darker color than it appears here. If I could change anything about this, it would be the "Police Box" words at the top. I would change them from black to white. Overall, pretty happy with this.


Helloooo, Colonel! As you can see, my biggest project of the semester turned out to be the exact color I wanted him! I am very happy with him and he is currently keeping guard at the foot of my bed!


I'm very satisfied with the way all my pieces turned out. It was my first time being in ceramics and I loved it. The semester is over now though and I have to find new projects to keep me busy!

On my downtime, (which is 87% of my day), I like to draw. I'm not a big painter, but I paint when I feel like my drawing is something that should be painted.
Like.......
This. I've been really into the whole "pop art comic book" girls lately. I think this would look really nice on a canvas on my wall :) Maybe this will be my winter project!

Wowza. This was a lot of content for Art Talk Thursday. I hope you enjoyed this little cyber gallery session! 

Until next time,
Lis.

P.S. Give me some feedback! Tell me if you love it or hate it!


No comments:

Post a Comment