Friday, October 24, 2014

MARSHMALLOW FIRESIDE. SERIOUSLY.

What? What?!

Two blogs in one week? I'm on a roll.

As everyone knows, it's fall. The leaves are changing, the air is getting cooler, it is acceptable to wear boots, Halloween is just around the corner, and girls everywhere have invaded Starbucks to get their hands on the pumpkin spice latte, (which I have not had enough of). Fall is my second favorite season, summer being the first, and I am welcoming it with open arms!

The season makes me feel good. It might just be because the start of fall is actually a reminder that Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas are going to grace us with their appearance soon. Seriously, I can not WAIT to get my hands on some candied yams and pumpkin pie. My stomach will be eternally grateFULL. BAH! Get it? No. Okay, moving on.

With the holidays getting closer, it's also a reminder that midterms and finals are coming up as well. I mean can we all just take a second to pray for me and all the other students who are coming out to have a good time but are feeling attacked by what feels like mountains and mountains of endless paperwork? Most of the time I don't even know what I'm writing about. It's as if my brain goes into overdrive and types out what my subconscious is holding.

 If you're not like me though and are having a little trouble getting into the end of the year spirit, I have some ideas that should help get you in the mood!

1. Go to Bath and Body Works and buy all their stock of Marshmallow Fireside candles, sprays, lotions. JUST BUY IT ALL.
2. Go get a Pumpkin Spice Latte. I mean you know you want to.
3. Visit a pumpkin patch and crunch some dead leaves in your hands. I'm sure the feeling of death will definitely get you in the spirit of being grateful. Grateful that you're alive unlike those leaves!
4. Eat a pumpkin pie...or 5.
5. Eat more pie.
6. Get an ugly Christmas sweater and rock it. Seriously, wear that same sweater every day of December.
7. If you're single, buy some mistletoe and stand around people you find attractive. They're obligated to kiss you. It's a law.....somewhere.
8. Bake cookies and then eat them all. Don't share.
9. Pretend you're dying and see if your dog tries to save you. If they don't, tell Santa that they need to be on the Naughty List so that they don't get any presents this year.
10. Put on the scariest costume you can find, sit outside on your porch, pass out full bars of candy, and scare every single child under the age of 10 BUT not under the age of 2. I mean, you wanna scare the living daylights out of them, not have them commit to therapy for the rest of their lives.

And that's it! I hope my little list helps get you as excited as I am for the holidays!


- Lis

No comments:

Post a Comment