Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Art Talk Tuesday!!

Hello, everyone! I hope y'all's Thanksgiving and weekends were great! Mine was wonderful but I am happy to get back to this blog again! It's Tuesday so y'all know what that means!

This week is all about glazing! If you don't know what glazing is, it's basically paint and then a clear coat but once it is fired in the kiln, the piece will come out shiny and looking like glass. Pretty sweet, right? It is finals week so we have been working hard getting these pieces glazed and fired so that way we are able to present all of our work to our professor next Tuesday.

Today though, I had finished glazing a huge pot I did towards the beginning of the semester. I actually forgot to take a picture of that one but I can tell you that it looks absolutely crazy. It's purple and yellow with pink flowers. Just insane. I have no idea why I chose to give it those colors!

I did, however, bring one piece home so that I could use acrylic paints on it instead of the glaze. It's a piece that I did at the beginning of the semester when we were learning the basics of ceramics. I think it came out pretty cute!


It's a mouse in a house! Adorable! 

Besides my ceramics pieces, I am painting on the side. I actually have 4 paintings done but I can't show you because they're surprises! I decided that these paintings had to follow a theme and I went with "pop art" and "anatomy." I was obsessed with Grey's Anatomy at the beginning of August and this is what sparked my idea to do some paintings related to anatomy. I have also been really into pop art too, as far as colors, so these pieces are super bright and will stand out in any room. 

That's all I have for today! I hope you come back Thursday where I will have much more to show you!

Until Next Time,
Lis.

P.S. I decided to only make Art Talk Tuesday and Thursday an actual thing! Every other day will be a free for all when it comes to writing on this blog! I hope you stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment